Coping With Work During The Summer
Summer in the UK is never a guarantee everyone knows that. Some months do nothing but rain but stay warm, and other months are so cold you can’t bear to expose any skin outside. In recent years, summer time in England has left us all baking and this has caused a huge rise for travel agents as people book their summer holidays. We all love a good summer holiday and the idea of spending the entirety of July and August in the stuffy environment of the office without a break away to fresh air and sandy beaches is just the worst.
Thankfully, July and August are the quietest business times of the year. This is usually because management of businesses have disappeared off for a couple of weeks and with the air conditioning ramped up and everyone sweating it out in the office, it can be a pretty miserable few weeks of overheated boredom. To make the summer easier, ensuring you have the right equipment and computer programmes installed can make office life that bit simpler. If you’re using the right File Solutions then you are guaranteed to have things more comfortable. Where it’s not possible to book a holiday for the entirety of the summer, we’ve put together some top tips for you to be as comfortable as possible while working in the office this summer.
- Take your lunches. Take a long walk and if you’re fortunate enough to work near a body of water or a park, take your lunch there and sit in the shade. Make the most of your break time. Soak up the vitamin D from the sun and pretend you are going to be in the sunshine. It’ll lift your mood and make you shake off the office humidity for at least an hour.
- Organise a picnic for your colleagues. Does your company hold any kind of summer shindig? Maybe that could be your job! Summer can be long especially in the city and while you’re sitting working on storage of documents for the next quarter you could be choosing a location of your next party with your colleagues.
- Get that heartrate up. Okay so we understand it’s roasting hot in the office but on those lunch breaks going for cooling walks in the shade and getting that heartrate up, especially if you have a shower room in your office building you can cool off really fast!
- Air condition. While not everyone has the same tolerance for higher temperatures it rings true that not everyone has the same tolerance of low temperatures. Grab the office together and those who need it to be cooler can have it on half the day while the other side of the office wear cardigans. After lunch, compromise and use desk fans so the others don’t have to spend their days wearing winter clothes to the office. There is always a compromise.
- Rethink the wardrobe. Don’t come to work in knee high boots or thick tights. You will boil in your seat. Make sure you rethink your work wardrobe and buy in some floaty clothing to keep cool in an otherwise warm environment. Keep it work appropriate though, hot pants are not the one to wear to meetings in the boardroom.